Nature is Our Teacher
Garden Educator Elaine Jansen invites teachers to bring their classes to the Centre for a fun, interactive outdoor field trip. This is a unique opportunity to see where their food comes from and how it grows.
The students will learn to identify plants by touch, smell and taste (depending on the growing season). They will be hands on with red wriggler worms and learn about the composting process - we are creating great soil and how important it is to divert our green waste from the landfill.
- Each field trip is approximately one hour and can be adjusted to accommodate class schedules. The class content is easily adapted to various grade levels.
- As a function of Comox Strathcona Waste Management Services, all field trips are free of charge.
- Field trips start in May and continue through to the end of September. Garden Education Centre hours: Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- As this is an outdoor education centre, students must dress for the weather and wear closed toe shoes. Please email if you have questions.
- Please reserve ahead as spots can be booked a year in advance.
Comox Strathcona Garden Education Centre
228 South Dogwood Street, Campbell River (Across from Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex)
Elaine Jansen, Garden Educator