Nature is Our Teacher
Garden Educator Elaine Jansen invites teachers to bring their classes to the Centre for a fun, interactive outdoor field trip. This is a unique opportunity to see where their food comes from and how it grows. Students will learn about plants in the garden, get hands on with red wiggler worms, and learn how composting creates great soil while diverting waste from the landfill.
- Each field trip is approximately one hour and can be adjusted to accommodate class schedules. The field trip content is easily adapted to various grade levels.
- As a function of Comox Strathcona Waste Management Services, all field trips are free of charge.
- Field trips start in May and continue through to the end of September. Garden Education Centre hours: Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- As this is an outdoor education centre, students must dress for the weather and wear closed toe shoes. Please email if you have questions.
- Please reserve ahead as spots fill up quickly.
Comox Strathcona Garden Education Centre
228 South Dogwood Street, Campbell River (Across from Strathcona Gardens Recreation Complex)
Elaine Jansen, Garden Educator