Wood Waste Diversion
Selected wood waste products at the Comox Valley and Campbell River Waste Management Centres are diverted from the landfill. The menu below provides details about wood waste that will be accepted for diversion and wood waste that is classified as garbage.
- Raw, untreated pallets
- Wood scraps (no pressure treated)
- Particle board without laminate
- Plywood without paint
- Hardwood flooring (no laminate)
- Painted & stained items
- Pressure treated items (green or brown coating)
- Laminate flooring
- Cedar shakes
- Creosote items
- Cement Board/Hardiplank
- Insulation, foam, wallpaper
As of October 1, 2015 the tipping fee for wood waste will remain at $120/tonne.
Haulers disposing of wood waste that is mixed with regular municipal solid waste (MSW), or construction and demolition waste, will be charged a rate of $275/tonne.